Youth distances and rules
Youth events are designed to offer those aged 6 up to 15 years of age an opportunity to participate in Triathlon. Emphasis is on fun and safety. Race distances offer a challenge, yet are short enough to be completed. All participants must be members of Triathlon Ontario or purchase a Day of Race License. Kids of Steel is a trademarked program owned by Triathlon Canada and is coordinated by Triathlon Ontario a non-profit organization and the governing body for the sport of Triathlon in Ontario.
TRIATHLON ONTARIO Membership
- Annual YOUTH membership is only $30.00 per year for those aged 15 and under (as of December 31st, in the year of competition).
- The annual membership for Juniors (aged 16 to 19) is $55.00 per year
- Youth athletes without a full year membership must purchase a $10.00 One Day License at each race. Please note: The Day of Race License Fee for youth participants aged 8 and under is $2
- Juniors without an annual membership will be required to pay a $10.00 One Day License fee.
Distances for Kids of Steel Races
* Race distances may be shorter in all age groups, but not longer.
KOS and Youth Race Schedule - will be posted as events are sanctioned. Any race not posted has not yet been sanctioned by Triathlon Ontario.
It takes a dedicated Race Committee hundreds of hours and often as many as 100 volunteers or more to put on just one Youth race. Youtt programs rely heavily upon the Race Directors and all the volunteers who give so generously of their time and effort to organize the events. Triathlon Ontario would like to extend our sincerest thanks to those people who make it all happen for us. We would also like to thank all the sponsors and municipalities who generously give their support to the events in the series. Your continued support is greatly appreciated.