Criteria for Consideration
• Must have Triathlon Ontario designated Elite status in Long Course racing
• At least one podium (top three) overall finish in a Triathlon Ontario sanctioned long course race in the year of qualification
• Must be 30 years of age or under as of December 31st, of the funding year
• Must earn one of the following results – Within 8% of the overall winning time in athlete’s gender at one of the following events:
– IRONMAN 70.3 event (outside of Ontario), or
– IRONMAN event or
– Challenge Family event or
– ITU Long Distance World Championship
Please note, meeting the Qualification Criteria does not automatically guarantee a spot on the team. If the number of applications received meeting the above stated Criteria exceed the number of available spots, Triathlon Ontario’s Selection Committee will review the applications and make a final decision. The Selection Committee will consist of the Executive Director and three Board Members.
A prospective athlete must be a permanent resident of Ontario for one year prior to his/her selection for Team inclusion.
2020 Team Application
Athletes interested in becoming a Triathlon Ontario Long Course Development Team member can apply through this link. The 2020 application in take period is between November 19, 2019 and November 29th, 2019.