2024 Provincial Championship Races
2023 Provincial Champions
Triathlon Ontario awards both male and female Provincial Championship titles in various race categories based on age, distance, and race type. The overall Provincial Championship in each discipline is determined by the overall fastest time of any Triathlon Ontario member, regardless of status or starting position. Championship categories vary year-to-year based on the availability of competitive races. The 2023 championships are as follows:
- U15 – Clara Murison, Jacob Jensen
- Junior – Machaila Wesch-Dawson, Sage Sulentic
- Elite/U23 – Ava Snyder, Brett Saunders
- Super Sprint – Christine Wallace, Kirk Hopkins
- Sprint – Kira Gupta-Baltazar, Samuel Harterre
- Indoor Triathlon – Lauren Mander, Mikael Staer Nathan
- Sprint Triathlon – Abby Edison, Mike Brown
- Standard Triathlon – Taylor Corelli, Ethan Johnson-Skinner
- Long Course Triathlon – Izaura Araujo, Jason Fonger
- Cross Triathlon – Anna-Liisa Vurma
- Sprint Duathlon – Carly Zanatta, Jacob Saunders
- Standard Duathlon – Carly Zanatta, Eric Ducharme
- Standard Aquabike – Isabella Mastroianni, Jovan Dhanju
- Long Course Aquabike – Rachel Faulds, Jovan Dhanju
- Aquathlon – Jennifer Hernandez, Mikael Staer Nathan
- Youth Club Champion – Peterborough Pirates Triathlon Club
- Club Division 1 Champion – Toronto Triathlon Club
- Club Division 2 Champion – Hammerhead/Fighting Koalas Triathlon Team
- Mixed Team Relay Club Champions – LPC Triathlon Team (Age Group), Royal City Multisport (U23/Junior), Balance Point Triathlon Club (Youth/Junior)
Please note for the U15, Junior, and Elite/U23 categories all must be Triathlon Ontario members and draft legal certified or certified and members of their home governing bodies. Elites (24+) must have official Triathlon Ontario Elite status in short course draft legal racing or be certified by their home governing bodies.
Age Groupers do not require draft legal certification for the Mixed Team Relay Club Championship (World Triathlon Age Group Draft Legal rules apply) but must be members of Triathlon Ontario and the club they are representing to compete for the Provincial title. Out of province teams and mixed Ontario teams are permitted, however only athletes on the same Triathlon Ontario sanctioned club member list can compete for the Provincial title. All participants must be members of their home governing bodies.
Nothing in triathlon happens without the dedicated help of volunteers, this exceptional race included.
Volunteers get to be a part of some of the most exciting racing of the season, and go home knowing that they helped make the whole thing happen.
If you want to support the sport of triathlon, please consider volunteering for a couple of hours. We always need help and would love to have you.
You can easily sign up below. Thank you!