Triathlon Officials are volunteers who help run the sport, keeping triathlon safe and fair for everyone. It’s not an easy job, but it offers a very rewarding experience and many unique opportunities for those with the interest, attitude and energy required.
Provincial Official Level 1
- This entry-level course is the first step on the officials’ development pathway and prepares candidates to officiate their first triathlon.
- No previous experience is necessary, although familiarity with the sport of triathlon is a definite asset. The course is free, and once fully qualified, officials are provided a complementary Triathlon Ontario membership.
Provincial Official Level 2
- This course prepares experienced officials to operate as Head Official or Technical Delegate at provincial races.
- Officials are expected to gain two years’ experience at a variety of races, (age group, youth, draft-legal, qualifier, championship) before being invited to take this course.
National Technical Official
- This course is run by the national sport organization and prepares experienced Head Officials to officiate at national championship and international events.
- Candidates are nominated by Triathlon Ontario from qualified level 2 officials.