Triathlon Ontario is a non-profit organization that is the recognized governing body for Multisport (triathlon, duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike) in Ontario. We undertake a number of duties and responsibilities on behalf of athletes, coaches, clubs, race directors and officials to ensure the growth and development of the sport in the province in a fair and safe way. Every dollar of revenue we receive is re-invested back into the sport.
Some of the functions we perform on behalf of all participants, members or non-members, include:
- Promote the development and growth of the sport
- Implement and interpret the rules of play
- Thoroughly review and sanction races, ensuring race directors follow proper safety procedures and race designs are fair, safe and efficient for all participants
- Issue liability insurance for the protection of all participants, race directors, employees, volunteers and officials at all sanctioned races plus sport accident insurance for all members at those events, including travel to and from those sanctioned events
- Locate, train, certify and supply first class officials that not only ensure the race is fair to all participants, regardless of ability, but also to ensure race directors adhere to their obligations to safety
- Oversee NCCP coaching training and certification process for the province, as well as, develop continuing education opportunities
- Support the growth and development of Multisport in a safe, fun, and fair way
- Contribute to programming for Youth, Junior, High Performance, Paratriathlon, and Age Groupers
- $5M Liability and $50K Sport Accident insurance at all Triathlon Ontario sanctioned races and training events
- No payment of one-day member fees for sanctioned races
- Annual subscription to Triathlon Magazine Canada
- Ability to participate in International, National and Provincial competitions
- Discounts on all Triathlon Ontario clinics and courses
- 25% off on all online Ocean Junction swim products
- Access to Triathlon Ontario bike insurance covering all sanctioned events
- Access to Individual Athlete Insurance program extending our Liability and Sport Accident insurance 24/7, worldwide while training or racing an approved race
- Access to private coaches insurance policy
- Triathlon Canada membership and all of its related member benefits
|Membership Type||Adults 20+||Junior (16-19)||Youth (15 & Under)||Kids (11 & under)|
|Individual||$54 + $15 TriCan Fee||$46 + $15 TriCan Fee||$32 + $6 TriCan Fee||$15 + $6 TriCan Fee|
|Individual Club||$44 + $15 TriCan Fee||$41 + $15 TriCan Fee||$27 + $6 TriCan Fee|
|Elite||$54 + $15 TriCan Fee||N/A||N/A|
|Elite Club||$44 + $15 TriCan Fee||N/A||N/A|
|Coach||$54 + $15 TriCan Fee||N/A||N/A|
|Coach Club||$44 + $15 TriCan Fee||N/A||N/A|
TriOnt Board Member
|Associate||$32 + $15 TriCan Fee||N/A||N/A|
Prices do not include processing fees.
When you sign up as a Provincial member a mandatory $15 (16+) or $6 (15 & under) Triathlon Canada affiliation fee is also charged, which goes directly to Triathlon Canada.
For Triathlon Ontario, this will mark the tenth consecutive season annual membership fees have stayed stable. Triathlon Ontario is proud to say it has worked diligently to grow revenues, increase programming and membership value without having to increase its annual fees to its membership.
Youth and Junior members will receive a discount if they have either one or two parents who are current Triathlon Ontario members.
25% discount for youth and junior membership when one parent is a current Triathlon Ontario member
50% discount for youth and junior membership when both parents are current Triathlon Ontario members