HOW TO SANCTION
Sanctioning is one of the key pieces of Triathlon Ontario’s Risk Management Program. Triathlon Ontario’s sanction ensures that the race has met our safety standards and is a fair competition.
Any race director wishing to sanction an event through Triathlon Ontario must complete an online Sanctioning Application now located at www.ccnbikes.com. In the Application, you are asked for specific information including:
- Detailed site and route maps that show volunteer and police locations
- Names of swim, bike, run, transition and medical supervisors
- Medical and safety information
- Contingency Plan for changes in the Weather
- Emergency Action Plans
- A copy of the waiver to be used, if they aren’t using Triathlon Ontario’s
Event risks are evaluated based on this information. If necessary, adjustments are suggested. Once an event is sanctioned, it is insured under Triathlon Ontario’s policy as are all of its participants, staff, officials and volunteers. Medical staff and lifeguards are not included.