Triathlon Ontario Unveils 2018-2019 Provincial Development Program
– Program offers full-time, fully supported development coaching services, as well as drop-in training opportunities –
September 5, 2018 – Triathlon Ontario, the recognized Provincial governing body of Multisport in Ontario, launched its 2018-2019 Provincial Development Program (PDP) for development athletes 15 years of age and older.
The Triathlon Ontario PDP will provide world class coaching, facilities, sport science, nutritional and mental skills support to athletes seeking to further their development along the National and International development pathways. The vision of the Program is to provide Ontario athletes a National-level performance environment and process that enables success at the National and International level.
The full details of the program can be found here.
Please email [email protected] for expressions of interest or for any questions about the Program.
Highlights of the PDP include:
Direct Coaching Services and Support
- Tailored annual training plans suited to each athlete’s development objectives
- Comprehensive goal setting through race and off seasons
- Pre and post-race support including race and recovery plans
- Full nutritional support (analysis, consultations and personalized food plans) with nutritional professional Madeline Yungblut
- Mental performance seminars with Elysian Insight Mental Performance Solutions
- Full complement of sport science testing multiple times throughout the year (VO2max, lactate and metabolic testing, strength and flexibility assessments) to identify technical and performance gaps with strategies to address gaps and improve training efficiencies via PEAK Centre for Human Performance
- Use of Triton Wear swim data collection devices and analysis
- Regular swim and run video analysis
- Ability to incorporate related programs (swim clubs, varsity programs etc.) into a triathlon program
- Regular coach/athlete meetings either in person, telephone, Skype and email interactions
- Drop-In Training
For those athletes not interested in working full time with the Province, select programing and training opportunities will be made available on a case-by-case basis. Registration will be open for opportunities and any athlete is welcome to register on a first-come first-serve basis.
Daily Training Opportunities
Working with the Provincial Development Coach on a daily basis in Ottawa is available to those that are interested. Please contact PD Coach directly for more information at [email protected]
About Triathlon Ontario
Triathlon Ontario is a non-profit organization that is the recognized Provincial governing body for Multisport in the province of Ontario. Our mission is to provide leadership and governance for the development of a safe and fair environment for Multisport in Ontario. Triathlon Ontario oversees the sanctioning of races and clubs and undertakes a number of duties and responsibilities on behalf of athletes at every level, coaches, clubs, officials and race directors to ensure the growth and development of the sport in a fun and safe way.
For more information please visit: triathlonontario.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @TriOntario.
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/TriathlonOntario.
GoTri.ca is a resource website created by Triathlon Ontario specifically for beginners and new entrants in the sport of triathlon, duathlon and other multisport events. The website is an easy-to-use resource tool to find sanctioned Ontario clubs, events, coaches or general information about the sport.
For more information please visit: GoTri.ca.
Follow us on Twitter: @GOTRIOntario.