2020 Race Series
Triathlon Ontario’s 2020 Indoor Provincial Championships Series has three races.
This year, the series offers races in Huntsville and two in Scarborough organized by TriMuskoka, and Triathlon Ontario.
Each race offers a great indoor experience and the opportunity to compete for the Provincial Championship, while each organizer applies their own style and race format.
Though this is a Provincial Championship Series, races are open to everyone. In fact, beginners are especially welcome!
Join us for one race or several this winter!
TriMuskoka Indoor Winter Classic – Huntsville, Feb. 9
Triathlon Ontario Indoor Series Race #2
Results – Scarborough, Feb. 23
Triathlon Ontario Indoor Series Finale – Scarborough, May 3
Indoor triathlon is a great way to try the sport of triathlon in a safe, fun, welcoming way.
The indoor race format is simple: swim, bike, and run – each for 15 minutes. The farther you go, the more points you score.
The swim is in a pool, the bike portion is on a stationary bike or trainer and the run is on an indoor track. Indoor tri is inexpensive, and you don’t need much equipment to race. Races are fun, social, open to anyone, and don’t take an entire day.
You don’t need to be a great athlete to try an indoor triathlon. Being fast or slow only matters to you – everyone swims, bikes, and runs for the same amount of time, whether you tear up the course or take it easy.
It’s a fun way to race.
The Indoor Triathlon Provincial Championship will be contested in the overall category – all-ages, one champion for women and one champion for men.
Athletes will score championship points based on their overall rank at each race. An athlete may enter as many races as they wish, with up to the best two race results counted toward the championship rankings.
Results and official standings will be published on this page after each race.
Notes to Standings
- Standings will be posted here once they become available.
- Only current Triathlon Ontario members are eligible for Provincial Championships, so standings include only results of Triathlon Ontario members who were members at the time of the race.
- If you raced as a non-member, we can’t retroactively count those particular results if you later become a member. However, any races you race as a current member will be included.
- Requests to amend race results (as opposed to series standings) should be directed to the race organizer.
- We can and do amend series standings due to transcription errors from race results to series standings. If you raced as a current member and your published results aren’t correct in the standings, please email [email protected].
- Standings may change if we find missing results or transcription errors. If your place changed, this is probably why.
Each race might have its own format in terms of what kind of equipment is used. For example you might swim laps in a lane or circle buoys, bike on a stationary bike or your own bike on a trainer, run laps on a 200 or 400-metre indoor track or on a treadmill. Please check with the race ahead of time to be prepared for what equipment might be necessary to compete.
Triathlon Ontario’s races consist of a 15-minute lap swim, a 15-minute stationary bike, and a 15-minute indoor track run.
Categories & Prizes
The Provincial Championship will be awarded in the overall category only. The male & female Provincial Champions will be recognized with an award at Triathlon Ontario’s annual awards banquet.
Race organizers may offer age-group competition with prizes in various categories, both categories and prizes are at the discretion of the race organizer and will vary by race.
Results: Guelph Indoor Triathlon – Guelph, January 13, 2019
Results: Personal Best Indoor Triathlon – Brampton, January 20, 2019
Results: Triathlon Ontario Indoor Race 4 – Toronto, February 24, 2019
Results: TriMuskoka Indoor Winter Classic – Huntsville, March 3, 2019
Results: Triathlon Ontario Indoor Series Finale – Toronto, May 4, 2019
Notes to Results
- Results are posted here once they become available.
- Requests to amend race results should be directed to the race organizer.
- Please be aware that requests regarding lap counting cannot generally be verified and are unlikely to change race results.
Volunteers are especially critical for indoor triathlon – we need lap counters and all kinds of assistance to make the race work. If you are coming to watch a friend or family member race, please consider volunteering at one or more of our races. It’s fun and helps everyone!
To volunteer, please fill out the short form below. You’ll get an email with all the volunteer info prior to the race.
by place in age group